credit to Martha Stewart
Tools and Materials
- Fish template
- Pinking shears
- Cotton batting or wool scraps
- Piece of paper
- Needle and thread
- Upholstery needle and thin sturdy twine, for hanging
- Trace template onto two layers of fabric. Cut out shapes.
- Pin right sides together, leaving 1/4-inch seam allowance. Sew seam, and leave 1 1/2-inch opening for filling.
- Trim seams with pinking shears.
- Turn right side out. Press seams flat.
- Stuff with cotton batting or wool scraps until firm. Shape a piece of paper into a funnel, and use it to add 1 to 2 tablespoons of dried catnip or to fill the whole toy with catnip.
- Hand-stitch opening closed.
- If desired, make fishing line: Thread an upholstery needle with 30 inches of thin sturdy twine, and sew through the seam of the fish's mouth. Tie knot to secure.
jom like!! =D